Sat, Jun 04|
Neighborhood Clean-Up & Clear-Out
Dispose, Recycle, Repurpose! BHNA has organized a Clean-Up Event and we encourage you to Clear-Out your garage or closets and bring your unwanted household items for disposal or donation.
Time & Location
Jun 04, 2022, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Long Beach, Grace United Methodist Church, 2325 E 3rd St, Long Beach, CA 90814, USA
About the Event
You can bring unwanted items to dispose of in the on-site dumpster in the parking lot of Grace United Methodist Church. You can also bring unwanted, but still useable items, and the Salvation Army will be on hand to collect donattions and non-toxic e-waste. You can also place large items you want to dispose of at your curbside for the city trash truck to pick-up. The truck will be circulating through Bluff Heights from 9:00 AM to 12:00PM.
At-Home Curbside "Trash" Collection of Oversized Items
At-home curbside “Trash” pick-up of oversized items must be left curbside by 8:00 am on June 04, 2022 only! (Note: Open to Bluff Heights Residents Only - area map at: www.bluffheights.org/about)! Before discarding any unwanted item, first determine if this item can be donated to the “Salvation Army” team to be reused for someone in need. A “Salvation Army” donation truck will be positioned onsite at our location across from Grace United Methodist Church (Junipero and 3rd).
Special Collection of Oversized Items
- Appliances (for safety, refrigerators and freezers must have doors removed or duct-taped shut)
- Computers and Monitors
- Television Sets
- Tires (with or without rims, maximum of 16 inches in size and maximum of 5 tires per pickup)
- Tree Branches, Yard Debris (4 feet in length, 40 pound tied bundles)
- Other Oddly Sized Items
Preparing Oversized Items for a Special Collection
- Size: items cannot exceed 72″ x 48″. Please bundle smaller items together. Bundles cannot exceed 48” in any direction. Items or bundles cannot exceed 40 pounds. Bags cannot exceed 25 pounds. To ensure safe handling of items by city crews, please do not place sharp objects such as branches, sticks, broken glass, etc. In plastic bags. All bags and bundles must be securely tied. Branches must be bundled, and yard waste must be contained (bagged).
- Oversized items: oversized items will be collected such as a sofa or any item that exceeds the maximum stated size, but only if it meets with the safety protocols of the City of Long Beach.
- Special handling: appliances, televisions, computer monitors, and tires will be picked up by a special truck and should be kept separate from other items.
- Maximum items: a maximum of two (2) large items or 5 bags/bundles/boxes of trash will be allowed for this scheduled pickup.
- Mattress handling: for the health and safety of refuse collection staff, all mattresses and box springs must be sealed in plastic before being placed out for collection. Plastic “mattress bags” can be purchased at most large retailers, home improvement stores, moving supply centers or online.